For families of children and young people with SEN and disabilities helpline 01273 772289

EHC needs assessments & plans

If your child has been receiving extra support for their special educational needs in school for a while, but doesn't seem to be making progress, the local authority can be asked to carry out an Education, Health and Care (EHC) needs assessment. This may lead to your child getting an EHC Plan.

* From 2014, Statements of SEN are being replaced by Education, Health and Care (EHC) Plans or EHCPs; existing Statements will gradually be transferred to EHC Plans over the next three years.

Does my child need an EHC Plan?
How do I get an EHC Plan?
Getting help from an Independent Supporter
How will an EHC needs assessment be carried out?
What is the parent's role in EHC assessments?
Tips for coping with the EHC assessment process
Annual reviews for children with an EHC Plan
Appealing to SENDIST
What if your child already has a Statement?


sign up to our newsletter