For families of children and young people with SEN and disabilities helpline 01273 772289

what is Disability Living Allowance (DLA)?

DLA is often the first benefit which parents claim, and it’s also a passport to other sorts of financial help. read more

how to claim DLA

DLA forms are long and detailed but when you consider that awards can be worth several thousand pounds a year, it may be the best day's work you ever do. read more

carers allowance

If your child gets DLA for personal care at the middle or high rate you may be able to claim Carer’s Allowance (CA) read more

child tax credit

Child Tax Credit (CTC) is a tax credit designed to help families with dependent children. If you are on a low or middle income and have only modest savings you are likely to be entitled. read more

parental leave

Parental leave is unpaid time off work given to parents to help them look after their children. read more

direct payments

Direct Payments are a way of giving more choice and control to disabled children and their families about the services they use. Parents can be given money to pay for and arrange services for their child, as an alternative to those their local authority offers. read more

other benefits and grants

Here are some other benefits and grants that can be very useful for families with disabled children or children with special needs. read more

sign up to our newsletter