Dates and times:
31/01/2018 - 01/02/2018
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
Add this event to your diary:
Share this event:
PECS is a much-practiced approach that uses pictures to help develop functional communication skills. It is appropriate for children and adults with a wide range of communication difficulties, including autism.
These interactive workshops are appropriate for family members as well as professionals.
At this two day workshop, you will learn:
- everything you need to know to begin implementing PECS
- the theoretical background, including how to develop effective educational environments
- a review of visual strategies useful for communication
- the six phases of PECS, where to start and when to move on
- strategies for motivating your child/student to communicate
- how to move from a single picture exchange to sentences
- how to teach picture discrimination with two or more pictures
- the criteria for transitioning from PECS to other communication modalities
Workshops run from 9.00am-4.30pm. Registration opens at 8.30am.
The workshop costs £185 for parent carers, reduced from the full price of £330 for professionals. We appreciate that this course may be too expensive for some of our families. However, as many parent carers have told us they’ve found PECS courses very useful, we include it in our listings for your reference.
How to book
PECS Brighton Office