For families of children and young people with SEN and disabilities helpline 01273 772289

help with DLA and PIP

If you live in Brighton and Hove and you want to make a claim for Disability Living Allowance or Personal Independence Payment, Amaze can offer you advice and sometimes practical support.

pounds-for-webTelephone Advice

Call our helpline on 01273 772289 for information about where to get the claim forms, what sort of details you might need to include and how long you can expect the process to take.


We also have fact sheets about DLA and PIP and detailed page by page notes of the sorts of things other parents have found useful to include.

One to One Support

If you feel really stuck, we may be able to offer you individual help. We have a small team of volunteers who can make home visits and help you think through how to make a strong case. And if you find that writing stuff down is hard, that’s OK too – our volunteers are happy to fill the forms in. But please be aware that this service is only available in school term time. Ring our helpline to ask for one to one help or read more in our DLA Service Leaflet.


Amaze always needs more volunteers. Find out how you can help other parents make successful claims.

What if I’m not happy with my DLA Volunteer?

Contact the DLA Project Manager via the Helpline 01273 772289 and we will try to resolve the problem.  You can also give us your feedback on this website. Visit the contact us page and fill in our feedback form. You may also want to read our complaints procedure and policy.

sign up to our newsletter